Open your nose to new possibilities, nasal congestion relief is available with Vivaer®.
What is Nasal Congestion?
Nasal congestion causes a significant reduction in the volume of air you can breathe through your nose. It is so much more than a stuffy nose because it can dramatically affect your overall quality of life. Nasal obstructions cause a variety of difficult symptoms such as:
- Inability to breathe enough air during exercise or physical activity
- Interrupted sleep patterns, including loss of sleep and snoring
- Fatigue and feelings of exhaustion
- Difficulty breathing through the nose
- Chronic stuffy nose and congestion
- A constant feeling that the nose is blocked
Nasal Congestion Causes
The underlying cause of nasal congestion may be any one of many medical conditions. The nose plays a critical role in many of the body’s systems and any disruption to those systems can result in congestion. These may include:
- Sinus Infection
- Cold or Flu
- Dry or cold air
- Side effects from other medications
Nasal Airway Obstruction
If you are one of the millions of people who suffer constant nasal congestion, even when you are not sick, then you may have a condition known as Nasal Airway Obstruction. This chronic nasal congestion is not the result of sickness or allergies, it is due to physical problems with the structure of the nose.
If you have nasal airway obstruction, you know how difficult it is to struggle for air when you are physically active. You’ve experienced breathing interruptions that keep you awake at night and leave you exhausted during the day. You’ve experienced the frustration and anxiety that comes from the simple act of trying to breathe through your nose.
What Causes Nasal Airway Obstruction?
There are a variety of physical issues that cause nasal obstruction. These include a deviated septum, nasal polyps, a foreign substance in the nose, or another physical blockage. One of the most common contributors is an enlargement of tissue within the nasal valve. The nasal valve accounts for over two-thirds of total nasal resistance. This triangle-shaped area is located just inside your nose and is bordered by three primary nasal features:
- Septum: The bone and tissue that divide the two nostrils.
- Turbinates: The long passages that direct and warm air as it enters the nose.
- Lateral Wall: The outer wall of the nose.
If any of these three areas become enlarged, it reduces the amount of air that can flow through the nasal valve and into the lungs.
Nasal Obstruction: Nasal congestion treatment options
Changes to the nasal valve area result in large improvements to airflow and overall nasal breathing. Depending on the root cause of your nasal obstruction, various treatment options are available. Some of the most common solutions include:
Nasal Congestion Home Remedies
Natural home remedies are sometimes effective for all types of nasal congestion, including nasal airway obstruction. These solutions may provide temporary relief for patients with basic symptoms. Natural solutions may include:
- Breathing strips: These external devices use an adhesive to stick to the outside of the nose. When placed on the nose, they try to straighten and pull the lateral wall of the nose to open up the airflow.
- Internal nasal dilator: These internal devices are springy and stretch the inside of the nose to improve the flow of air.
- Nasal congestion spray: Some patients seek to use a saline spray to find relief from congestion. These sprays do not get to the root cause of nasal airway obstruction, because they do not treat the cause of the blockage.
Home remedies are often the first solution that patients seek; however, most patients with mild to severe symptoms find that they fall short of expectations. Home remedies can be uncomfortable, embarrassing, and frustrating. Most importantly, they do not provide lasting benefits for nasal airway obstruction.
Traditional Nasal Surgery
For many years, invasive surgery was the only long-term solution for nasal airway obstruction. This solution still remains an effective option. However, in most cases, the risks far outweigh the benefits. Not only is traditional surgery a costly treatment plan, but it carries all of the physical risks that come with invasive surgery.
Vivaer® Nasal Airway Remodeling
Surgery and medication are not the only options for lasting relief from your nasal congestion symptoms. Vivaer® is a new treatment that can help you breathe freely again. This modern solution was designed and created specifically to treat obstructions within the nasal valve.
Vivaer® treatment is safely performed in our office and does not require any incisions. The inside of your nose is gently reshaped using controlled low-temperature radiowaves. This minimally-invasive treatment shrinks tissue and cartilage inside the nose and opens up your nasal valve. You will see lasting results almost immediately without changing the appearance of your nose.
Vivaer® is a safe, effective and quick long-term solution to your nasal congestion. Some of the many benefits include:
- Office procedure that only requires local anesthesia.
- The specific treatment that is designed to fix the most common cause of nasal airway obstruction, the nasal valve.
- Gently reshapes the nasal airway, providing an effective and permanent solution. ● No cutting or incisions and no need to destroy tissue or cartilage.
- A quick procedure that only takes 15 minutes.
- The opportunity for immediate relief with no need for a recovery period.
Are You a Candidate for Vivaer®?
Try this simple at-home test to see if nasal valve obstruction may be the cause of your nasal congestion.
Place one or two fingertips on your cheeks on either side of your nose. Gently, press and pull outward. This temporarily opens the nasal valve. If doing this helps you inhale more easily through your nose, your nasal obstruction may be in your nasal valve. You may be a candidate for Vivaer® Nasal Airway Remodeling.
Take a Deep Breath Again...Through your Nose!
Imagine taking a deep breath through your nose. You can enjoy the fresh air, the refreshing scents, and the energy that only comes from being able to breathe again. You don’t have to suffer from nasal airway obstruction. You no longer need to rely on medication or breathing strips for temporary relief. You don’t have to risk an invasive surgery to find lasting solutions.
The professional team at Callahan ENT can get you breathing easy with the most effective and modern nasal congestion treatment available. Vivaer® Nasal Airway Remodeling is the treatment that you’ve been looking for. Contact us today to schedule an appointment and imagine what it will be like to breathe easy again!